Formed in 1994, Horizon Consulting Incorporated provides high volume workflow management, data entry, loan quality control, appraisal management, and due diligence services to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and other governmental agencies, multifamily housing owners, and commercial banks. A minority and woman-owned small business with a long history of providing successful mission-critical services to government agencies of all sizes, Horizon is a well-established company with a strong corporate culture and an outstanding reputation among our team members, our clients and our vendors.
Headquartered in Lansdowne, Virginia, the company also had operations in Santa Ana, California; Denver, Colorado; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; and Atlanta, Georgia through November 2014. Horizon is a GSA Financial and Business Solutions (FABS) Schedule holder: SIN 520-3; 520-15. Horizon’s rapid growth since its inception has landed the company on the Inc 500 list of fastest-growing private companies in 2002 and the Inc. 5000 in 2010.
Mission: The Horizon team is joined together in a commitment to increase our individual and collective prosperity. We are committed to honesty, integrity, professionalism, and hard work, and our mission is to better ourselves, our families, our customers, our vendors, and entire industries by:
- Helping our clients mitigate the risk of conducting mission-critical operations while reducing expenses.
- Creating an environment where our employees can be fulfilled in their work and obtain all the tools necessary to successfully grow as leaders at Horizon and in their communities.
- Giving back to the communities in which we live and work with the goal of making them a better place.
Horizon Core Values
From the beginning, Horizon’s founders sought to prove that a highly successful company could (in fact, must) conduct its business according to a strong set of core values. Today, those values remain the bedrock of Horizon’s success. Horizon doesn’t just talk about honesty, integrity, professionalism, and hard work. Horizon puts them into action in everything it does – for both its clients and itself.
- We believe in honesty, integrity, professionalism, and ethics in all respects of business. We have incorporated these values into everything we do, and we believe they are a large part of Horizon’s success.
- We value and respect people and believe when you treat everyone with honesty, trust and respect, it is returned tenfold.
- We believe in continual self-improvement and innovation with the express goal of excellence.
- We believe in hard work in a fun atmosphere by providing everyone with the tools necessary to succeed and gaining input from the team on process improvements and innovation.
- We believe in balance in all aspects of life. We believe in securing the future of our organization and the interests of our customers, vendors, and employees through generating fair profits.
- We believe in sharing our success with the people who make it happen, and with the community, through charitable donations of time and money.
Horizon’s Biggest Asset – Its People
Horizon fully understands the success of the company starts and ends with its people, and as such they are the firm’s biggest asset. Horizon is successful in its recruiting and retention efforts because the firm offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
A Quality Focus
Horizon prides itself on its Quality Control. It is a vital part of the company’s success on each of its contracts. Quality Control takes place to ensure quality deliverables and customer expectations are not only met but are exceeded.
Giving Back to the Community
Since its inception, Horizon has given time and money to community-based and national causes and encouraged all employees to participate. Horizon launched its company-wide Community Service Program in March 2003. The program involves Horizon employees volunteering their individual time and service to various worthy causes locally, nationally and abroad.
Company Growth and Financial Stability
Horizon experienced continued growth from its inception in 1994. Over a five year period, from 1997 to 2001 alone, Horizon Consulting realized a 741% growth in sales and a ranking of #312 on the Inc 500 list of fastest-growing private companies in America in 2002 and the Inc 5000 list in 2010.
As it continues to grow, Horizon’s core values and its strategy of building assets, maintaining profitability, and reinvesting revenues in the company ensures that its mission is accomplished.